Human-Company Best Match Coordinator
Deputy Manager / Underwriting Division – Hoàn Kiếm #HANOI
Currently, a partner of JWORK – A Japanese company specializing in Non-life Insurance based in Hanoi, needs to recruit Deputy Manager / Underwriting Division to work in Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.
◆ NEED TO DO
– PURPOSE: Assist Head of Underwriting Division in the operation of Technical and Training Section to help achieve the planned objectives of the Company.
– CONTEXT: All classes of insurance business in Vietnam
• Maintain Underwriting guidelines and Policy wording/ clauses standards.
• Monitoring Underwriting profitability
• Developing and maintaining Underwriting statistics.
• Product development support
• Training and guiding staff
• Review work procedure and wordings with view of control, increase
productivity and efficiency.
• Facultative reinsurance outward
• Assist Head of Underwriting Division in overviewing general operation of Technical and Training Section and supervising the works of other members in Technical and Training Section of Underwriting Division;
• Work with Marketing Department on pre-underwriting and quoting according to risk assessment, underwriting authority limit and treaty terms and conditions;
• Analyzes qualitative and quantitative data prepared by underwriting executive/marketing dept and provides approval for risk selection and acceptance, coverage, and price for multi lines business;
• Monitor and manage risk accumulation control in accordance with underwriting guideline;
• Monitor/control acceptance of risks to ensure that Underwriting guideline and treaties limit continue to be observed;
• Conduct review of renewal business to ensure that business terms and conditions continue to be satisfactory;
• Liaise and coordinate with higher authority on various underwriting and referral case in timely, including handling facultative reinsurance outward for the accounts being in charge;
• Maintain and develop relationships with facultative reinsurers.
• Develop, maintain Underwriting statistics and prepare Underwriting reports, Underwriting Manual;
• Support, Coach and guide Underwriting Executive on daily works
• Assist Head of Underwriting Division in Underwriting workshop and Underwriting Committee;
• Provide support to new product development activities when assigned by Head of Underwriting Division;
• Set up, monitor and implement Technical Training plan both internal and externals.
• MSIG Vietnam’s staff (Reinsurance, Business Processing, Marketing, Claim, Accounting) and other industry peers.
• Reinsurance market.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
• To understand and act within delegated authority given.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• State of Underwriting statistics and Underwriting guidelines
• Proper risk acceptance within Underwriting Guideline
• Standard of response to other related Dept/ Customers.
◆ NEED TO KNOW
• University Graduation
• English fluency.
• Sound Underwriting knowledge.
• Good communication skills.
• In depth knowledge of insurance, products, insurance contracts, funding and rating;
• Advanced analytical skills to interpret business information drawn from multiple sources to make critical account decisions regarding quality of risk
• Have good knowledge about type and method of reinsurance.
– At least 4 year experience in non-life insurance;
– Experience in property/casualty underwriting is preferable
• Applying Technical Knowledge
• Being Ethical & Compliant
• Collaborative Relationships
• Communicating with Impact
• Customer Focus
• Developing Self, Direct
Reports & Others
• Driving Results
• Managing Execution
• Problem Solving
• Building Effective Teams
• Managerial Courage
• Business Acumen
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Organisational Savvy
• Strategic Agility
– website: https://jwork.vn/
– Email: [email protected]
– Phone: 028 39256675